10 Best Things to do in Amsterdam - read all news
Amsterdam Flower Market, Van Gogh Museum - Amsterdam, Netherlands
10 Best Things to do in Amsterdam
1. Explore Museums - You can visit one of the many museums the city has to offer. You can go to the Amsterdam Museum that shows the last 8 centuries of the urban evolution in goofy and fun ways. Next you can go to Museum Ons'Lieve Heer op Solder. It is a nice little hidden church in the Red Light District that has recently been restored to its former glory. Special place to be Van Gogh Museum
2. Visit the Famous Flower Market - The most famous Flower market and best place to buy tulips has got to be the Bloemenmarkt.
3. Get Lost in the Canal Belt - There are 165 canals to get lost in in Amsterdam. The most famous would probably have to be the Prinsengracht, it is lined with trees and funny little houseboats.
4. Picnic at Vondelpark - Vondelpark, named after famous poet Joost van den Vondel is the largest park in Amsterdam is a great place to sit down and have a meal with family or friends. There are lots of sculptures to enjoy and even one my Picasso.
5. Rent a Bike - Renting a bike is a great way to get around the city. Bikes are very important in the Dutch culture, they were part of the Provos art group and they used it as a Socialist symbol.
6. Discover the Begijnhof - The Begijnhof is a secluded garden that offers an escape from the city noise and traffic. Its a great place to go and escape the city rush and just relax for a bit.
7. Anne Frank Museum - The Anne Frank Museum is great place to learn the story of Anne Frank and see first hand how she lived.
8. Explore Historic Churches - You can visit the cities oldest church Oude Kerk, which durining its prime it had 38 altars. Rembrandts wife is even burried in the church.
9. Modern Art Galleries of Jordaan - Jordaan, once the city's working class area has become a hub for gallerists. You can find around 40 specialist galleries where the homes or shops used to be.
10.Explore the Parks and Canals( on skates) - In winter the canals freeze and you kind find the locals skating along the canals. Even in summer you can find locals and tourists alike skating around the park. There is a tour avalible all year round and 9pm on Friday night where a group of skating enthusiasts meet for a 20km, 3 hour tour through the streets that ends at a pub
Selected World's Best Hostels